Friday, March 03, 2006

Top Five Mistakes ...On eBay


For those of you who have been on planet earth for a good few years you will know that the old cliche "Learn from your mistakes " is very true ..

Whether those mistakes be in personal relationships , whether they be in business or whether they just be in how you play the game of chess ..It is important that if we want to keep going forward with our lives and achieve that which we would like to achieve then mistakes are an important part of that achievement .

And so it is with eBay. I have listed over 50 items now , some have sold quite well some have barely covered my costs and some have failed to sell at all . It is these failures that interest me ...Why did they fail ??

Dave Bromley has written an article entitled " The 5 Mistakes that lose you Money on eBay "
check it out . The man speaks from experience .....The best school to speak from

If you have made some real clangers on eBay that would like to share with us then why not take a couple of minutes to let us all learn from them in the comments below ...Thanks

1 comment:

markmcc said...

I'm always amazed at how many sellers there are that list their payment, return and shipping policies like an ultimatum. Like they're doing you a favor by selling to you.

I've met these people in stuffy desk jobs all my life. They are not people persons. They're interested in your money nothing else. They don't know any other way to be.

I've had people tell me they hate dealng with people and realize they could never work in retail. I wonder how many of these people are selling on ebay to make a few extra bucks?

Sometimes when I read their auctions I'd like to tell them where to stick their golden calf!